Saturday, September 1, 2012

#38: to glory

Happy September!

The one-week break I've been waiting since the start of Term 3 has finally arrived at my doorstep but good lord so many things have to be done within 7 days (which is, by the way, a little too demanding) and Prelim 2 is just rrrrround the corner and that's a bad thing because my results from Prelim 1 showed nothing but absence of success. I am drowning in a pool of failures. And I'm probably writing all this in an empty space with no one reading and/or witnessing but it's okay because my heart is sinking at a rate so fast I'm afraid if I don't unload the burden it's carrying it may end up in the abyss.

So yesterday was the last day of Term 3 and by celebrating Teachers' Day on the last day of school is, perhaps, the best way to end the school term. BUT THE SADDEST THING WAS MS HENG WAS UNWELL AND SO SHE DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL AND DAMMIT THAT WAS THE LAST TEACHERS' DAY FOR HER AS WELL AS FOR US TO CELEBRATE IT FOR HER. HOW MUCH MORE CRUEL CAN LIFE GET I MEAN IT WAS SO UNFAIR SHE HAD TO FALL SICK ON A DAY THAT SIGNIFIED A LOT TO HER AS AN EDUCATOR. She spent that special day moping at home, someone tell me what this is. It was really nice, though, that our class (biggest thanks to Krystal for her mega creativity) made huge cards with handwritten messages for every teacher who taught us including Mr. Alvin (!!!!!!!!).

Then after school, we (Annessa Gekkhee Jiajing Jiayin Krystal Vianne Rhynade Xiaoyun (who left us halfway) and I) went to CWP for lunch before meeting the rest (Aaron Benedict Congren Hongze Pangyong Wenjun Yeongjian Yihong) and going down to East Coast Park to cycle/roller-blade/celebrate Jiayin's birthday. And then because I haven't roller-bladed in my entire life (HAHAHAHAHAHA) I decided to rent a bike and poor Chong had to accompany me although I think she wanted to blade very badly SO CHONG IF YOU'RE READING THIS - I reckon no - I AM SO SORRY AGAIN. Anyway then we followed Ben CR PY WJ because they seemed to know the route better than we do and I swear my life was being jeopardized a gazillion times by 2 idiots (CR & WJ) who kept trying to swerve their damn bikes toward mine. But I gained pretty much valuable information so I think it was worth it and it was good to see the other side of PY and Ben although they didn't show much, still.

Anyway I think we cycled till part H (which was 5km from where we started off according to Pangyong) before riding back to the rental shop. Then I borrowed Vianne's roller-blades and tried blading for the FIRST time in 16 years and I must say it was pretty thrilling and funny because every time I was about to fall I'd scream "JIAYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!" and she'd be like: "Didn't I tell you to bend your body?!?!!!" I swear she sounded very much like a coach.

Then I decided to blade on my own and.................I fell. And guess what - kind Aaron decided to help me up but I screamed-asked him how the hell do I stand up with the blades on and he fell to the ground and demonstrated once to me how to get up. I mean how much more foolish can that guy get to fall intentionally.

So yesterday was quite a splendid day spent with 4/6 whoooooooooooop all of them are such lovely people I can't bear to part with any of them but Graduation Day is just a few weeks away and as much as I want to leave my school (because there are so many ridiculous people around and their presence is just weird), I hope 4/6 will always be united foreeeeeeeever.