Monday, March 19, 2012

#24: last embrace

What is about to come your way may be something extremely corny and cheesy and romantic. If you can't take any of those, you may want to find your way out now.

And here's the story of a girl called X.

I have a friend called X.

I met X 3 years ago. Back then, X was an entirely different person as she is now. She wore the most outdated spectacles, with the ugliest hairstyle anyone would have asked for. From the first look of her, she's someone whom you never thought you would be friends with. The number of times I've spoken with her was countable - barely 10. Or 20.

Me and X were in the same class 2 years ago. This time, I think the connection between us got better and we spoke with each other for more times than we did 3 years ago. Although we were not that close yet, she was still quite a bubbly person.

1 year ago, we were in the same class again and X was my desk mate. I didn't know what or how to feel for we were still not that close yet. But thankfully for all the school events that brought us closer, we became almost like one.

Now, we are still desk mates, but even better desk mates. I really love how we can laugh even at the most unfunny joke, how we can read each other's mind like as if we have some psychic powers in us, how we have the same chemistry, how we can get crazy together and basically do almost everything together.

You know, it's like NOTHING IN THIS WORLD CAN WORD OUT HOW I FEEL.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I wasn't myself again today, for the bajillionth time. That being said, she didn't ditch me but she tolerated the really nonsensical me (I blame her Mentos btw) and bore with it till the end of English class. And for that, I am really really really really grateful. Others would have just thrown me aside and let me rot in one corner but she chose to sit beside me and go crazy with me (or maybe because she didn't have a choice).

That's one out of a many many many things I love about X.

Saying "thank you" can no longer express my gratitude, my love, my everything for X because she has extended beyond a simple "thank you".

And my friend X, you are incredibly significant in my life.

Thank you very, very, very, very much, my lovely desk mate - Goh Jia Jing!