Wednesday, April 18, 2012

#26: charming asia

14th and 16th April will probably be the best days of my life so far. Until something else replaces these 2 days shall remain as amazing are they are.

Last Saturday was the last performance for my cohort and damn that day was just too wonderful NO WORDS CAN SAY HOW MUCH WE'VE DONE THE SCHOOL AND OUR CCA PROUD. Like for example, band. I mean I have so much to say to every single one in band especially Mr Tan - he truly is a man of respect and excellence. I honestly hope he sees this - but I just couldn't generate my thoughts properly. Everything was just zooming and running wild in my head.

It all goes back to when I was in Sec 1 when I really disliked (hate is too strong a word) band because Mr Tan was too creepy and fierce but not until this year I realized how much band had played a significantly huge role in my life. If not for band I think I wouldn't have survived these 4 (or 3.5) years and met really amazing and lovely band mates. I never, not once in my 4 years, knew band would do me SO MUCH good. More than good actually.

How very true Mr Tan's words are whenever he said band people are special. Indeed, we're special because we're the ONLY CCA with 3 practices per week. But that's only a minor part. The moment we've stepped into band we're part of this one big family and till the day we die, we still remain as one. It feels so incredible playing music together, getting little scoldings from Mr Tan which will ultimately turn us into better beings (magically), running together, camping together, having gone to competitions/performances together, going through EVERYTHING together.

It just feels perfect to be in this band. Our very own band.

However, as cliché as it may sound, all good things come to an end.

Band Graduation Day was on Monday and damn was that day so emotional for all of us. It hurts to leave the others still in band, to leave the teachers-in-charge, to leave the French Horn section (Angeline, Batrisyia and Kevin), to leave Mr Tan and to leave everything that's in/part of the band. I am stabbing myself for dreading to go to band previously.

Life without band is so hopeless. It makes my life feel so empty and sad and........uncomfortable. After spending 3.5 to 4 years in band it is just too quick and sudden that we're leaving. Or we have left.

I NEED MORE TIME I REALLY NEED MORE TIME IN BAND I NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING REPLAYED AGAIN FROM 2009 AND LET IT RUN LIKE A BROKEN RECORD

I AM JUST NOT READY TO LEAVE OUR BAND

.......

Just not ready to come back to reality and face the cruelty of it.

Anyway I really want to thank every single soul in band because you guys made me feel so blessed to have you all around. All of you are just the best thing in my life. BEST THING IN MY LIFE - SOMETHING I WILL NEVER TRADE FOR EVEN IF I'M OFFERED A BAJILLION DOLLARS. You guys are the loveliest people I will ever meet and it's just too impossible to forget any one of you.

Thank you for fixing an incredible piece of memory in my life.

Right now, I'm slowly decomposing to bits and pieces of remnants because I'm too sad.

Twinging in sadness x