Thursday, May 24, 2012

#32: wish I never had

Today will probably be one of the worst days of my life. Not that it's MT intensive Day 4 (actually I'm rather sad that intensive is coming to an end) but something else.

...........................................................................................................................................

I bought my usual plate of rice from Stall 4 this morning during recess (this feels like an essay-writing) and went back to our table and started eating. Just as I was about to bring the next mouthful of food into my mouth I saw a black long thing ON my plate IN my rice. I paused for a few seconds and stared at that thing.

I WAS DUMBFOUNDED.

IT WAS A FAGGIN' CENTIPEDE.
Centipedes: Arthropods belonging to the class Chilopoda of the subphylum Myriapoda. They are elongated metameric animals with one pair of legs per body segment. Accordingly, they can be found in soil and leaf litter, under stones and dead wood, and inside logs (and is MY plate of rice anything similar to the above mentioned? NO.). The first pair of maxillae form the lower lip, and bear short palps. The first pair of limbs stretch forward from the body to cover the remainder of the mouth. These limbs, or maxillipeds, end in sharp claws and include venom glands that help the animal to kill or paralyze its prey.

I wouldn't have been so freaked out if it was something else like maybe an ant or a small bug or a bunch of hair (okay this may be a little hyperbole because it's quite ghostly) BUT A CENTIPEDE - NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I HAVE IMAGINED SEEING THAT CREATURE SO NEAR TO ME I'M GUESSING THE DISTANCE BETWEEN MY FACE AND IT WAS LESS THAN 30CM.

AT THAT INSTANCE I ALMOST NEEDED TO DIE AND I WAS SUBCONSCIOUSLY DRIFTING TO THE OTHER WORLD I SWEAR I WAS THERE FOR A BRIEF MOMENT AND EVEN FOR A BRIEF MOMENT IT FELT LIKE ETERNITY. 


RAGE AND ANGER AND FEAR AND DISGUST CONSUMED ME LIKE A HUNGRY DEMON. ALL I COULD THINK OF WAS WHAT THE HELL AND I WAS SCREAMING INSIDE MY HEAD LIKE A MAD WOMAN AND MY ORGANS INSIDE ME WERE ALL WRECKING HAVOC, LITERALLY. I WANTED SO BADLY TO JUST TEAR MYSELF APART.

Even the thought of it cringes me so much so that I just hope I had really died. I mean seriously, a centipede? A C E N T I P E D E? 


So I just cried silently for Lord, hoping that it was just a horrible dream or that my eyes were playing some tricks but.......just kidding I did not cry for Lord. I was in a state of shock so serious that I remained really silent even after knowing that what I was encountering was a venomous creature that could paralyze me (that is, if it bites) and bring me to my deathbed. But it was just humanly impossible to remain so calm. Come to think of it, I think I really did a pretty great job keeping my almost-exploding emotions within my body.

But I swore to myself I will never ever buy from that stall again because till now I'm still very much traumatized and it has been 6 hours already.

My life will never be the same again. I am gonna sulk in misery, wallow in despair and regret the existence of that monster. But look, isn't that monster powerful? He (I'm assuming he's a guy) had a size not bigger than an eraser but was able to inject so much horror into me.....I feel like a loser okay bye.