Sunday, January 27, 2013

#43: crayon

Now that the worst is over, it's time to start planning for my future like what I wanna do when I grow up. Ok just kidding, that is a little too early. But in all seriousness, if I were to get into JC then here comes the repetitive insane routine of waking up at 6.30am and CCA and NAPFA and everything else that I dreaded most when I was in Riverside. What's most frightening is that I'm already very used to this relaxed and slackish life so much so that I can't foresee myself working hard again. It's hard to adjust my mindset back to how it was a year ago.

Anyway last week, my family went to Macau not to gamble but...I don't exactly know why either but my guess is that because we went there before so my dad decided to go again. I was kinda psyched that we're taking a 6am flight 'cause I'd be able to catch the sunrise but it was after the sun's up that I realized I was sitting at the wrong side of the plane. I forgot that the sun rises from the east and not the west. Either way I still managed to see clouds that looked like mountains/marshmallows/cottons/huggable bears. Not bears but something like that.

We spent 2.5 days in Macau before taking the ferry to Shenzhen, China. The Venetian that we stayed at was really first-class. Not even kidding when I say my entire bedroom can be fitted into the toilet. It. Was. THAT. HUGE. All in all, I think the whole suite is thrice the size of my bedroom. How incredible.

It was a first. I mean me going to China. I've never wanted to go China because of the rumors I heard - toilets without doors ha ha ha ha ha but that wasn't the case although most people they were really barbaric and uncivilized. But what I really like about China is the cars are left-hand driven. I've always wanted to go somewhere where the drivers drive on the left instead of the right because I think it's really really really really darn cool. Then again, the drivers there don't exactly follow road laws and they just honk at other drivers for no valid reasons. And pedestrians can still cross the road even when a speeding car is just 3 meters away from them. I don't get what's in their head, really.

On a side note, we visited my dad's friends (or suppliers/business partners) and I can safely conclude that not all Chinese are unfriendly people who look down on people who speak poor Chinese like me. I really like them especially Weiming (my dad's friend) and Xiaocheng (my dad's friend's daughter who is friggin' adorable and bright and brilliant).

We headed over to Hong Kong via car after staying 2 days in Shenzhen. Oh yes although the toilets have doors (at least, for the place I stayed at), the flushing system is horrible. Anyway the ride from our China hotel to InterContinental HK was 2.5 hours which meant that I held my pee from China to HK for 2.5 hours. It really almost exploded.

HK was really like a shopping paradise (Ladies' Market was +8467578165138456) and I never knew my dad's bargaining skills greatly surpassed mine a million times.


xx