Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#2: take me out of here

I am so glad it's the holidays and that I wouldn't have to wake up at 6 freaking am everyday to go to school. That being said, there are still band practices 3x per week from 9am to 5pm (8 minus 1 hours of b a n d is something that's not exactly funny) so actually, it's nothing to be happy about but at the very least, I can wake up at like 8am or so.

I don't know why am I even updating this space after so long like......I'm gna document my life here forever.

Anyway, this year has past really fast, it feels like yesterday was just the beginning of the year. As much as my memory could track me back, here's what happened this year:
January:
  • Start the life of a typical studious (ok this is a lie) 15 y/o kid
  • Secondary 3 Adventure Camp @ Kota Tinggi (bonded a lot with 3/6 so it was worth it)
  • In terms of what is called education (academically), it was relatively fine because we haven't really gone in-depth
  • No major crisis.........yet
February:
  • Chinese New Year was good because gramma didn't go overseas and the whole cousins-relatives bonding thingy was......neutral
  • Because of Common Tests, I had to spend my CNY studying (oh my life) instead of collecting money and my results were still shit but on a brighter side, Mdm Tong gave us chocolates (it was recorded in my diary so yeah I could remember this part) to celebrate the festive season ;)
  • This was when I started having feelings (uh huh) for subjects I never thought I'd have the slightest interest in like, Physics, Math, and maybe History. Credits to those teachers who've taught me this year.
  • Learning Journey to RWS
  • 7 Feb's Physics class was a memorable one (this was also recorded in my diary)
  • MONTH OF VALENTINE'S DAY OOOOOOH
  • I counted down to the March holidays (recorded in my diary too)
March:
  • Disastrous earthquake and tsunami in eastern Japan that killed thousands of people, leaving many homeless to bear the cold and cruelty of nature like the explosion of the Fukushima nuclear plants and the radiation that affected so many people worldwide.
  • Sports Carnival 2011 wasn't technically a success because of the r ~ a ~ i ~ n
  • I (and the rest of the cohort) had my NRIC registration done in school (recorded in my diary as well)
  • Start of the March holidays hallelujah
  • SYF (band) camp from 12 14 March (recorded down too)
  • End of school break and a new term began and right after that, I started counting down to the next big holiday.
  • On March 25, Mdm Tong walked out of class (recorded in my diary)
  • Watched I am Number Four on one of the days from 21/3 to 25/3 (recorded in my diary)
  • Intensive band practices for the SYF
April:
  • Did not successfully prank anyone on April Fools' day
  • April 5 was our SYF and sad to say, we did not achieve our goal BUT we still love each other a friggin' lot :')
  • Tornado outbreak in the Southern US
  • Extra classes started (recorded)
  • MY BIRRRRTHDAY WOOHOOOOHOO
  • The entire world was praying for Japan (lovely country, really)
When I write you a Tone Poem, the ocean glows and our memories of friendship will last forever.

May:

  • Spent my Labor Day holiday studying for MYEs
  • Mid-Years started and I made my own anti-laptop/electronic gadgets (except mobile phones) campaign which obviously failed DUE TO the electronically and technologically advanced world we live in today
  • On May 7, we polled for our next cabinet of ministers
  • Rise of Yam Ah Mee, Returning Officer for the GE and PE 2011
  • Sudden obsession over Johnny Depp
June:
  • LONG-AWAITED HOLIDAYS
  • OBS (13 17) @ Pulau Ubin (come to think of it, I haven't really seen anyone from Junko or Camp 2 Charlie except those studying in my school)
  • 10 weeks of break was faaaantastic like I could finally sleep in like nobody's business wooooo
  • I camped at home everyday I was free watching Moonlight Resonance
July:
  • Another new term began (looking back, time really did fly past like a rocket)
  • I recorded in my diary on the first day of school:
Dear Me,
Survive for another 10 suffering weeks of everything and everything will be O V E R!
Love, Me
  • I nearly lost my Ugly Doll (and I turned sulky for kind of many hours)
  • JULY 13: 'O' LEVEL CHINESE ORAL WAS FHJASDHIUXy#$(*#$u#*2JSFADFIS HORRID so obviously I screwed it. Or it screwed me, for that matter.
  • My very first (and prolly last) OMMS presentation on The Pursuit of Happyness on July 18
  • JULY 19: 'O' LEVEL CHINESE LISTENING COMPREHENSION WAS DSIOFJRUOI32U405-U34#u$*(%*&JKNVAV ANOTHER NIGHTMARE AND did I mention I nearly went into coma lol kill me someone k-i-l-l m-e
  • On that eventful day dated July 19, I was soooooo close to getting a yellow form from Mdm Leow.
  • Completion of the Harry Potter series
August:
  • First day of August and I was made to stand for the entire Chem class (that is 45 minutes of MY LIFE)
  • I got really annoyed by some people this month
  • Singapore turning older each year is becoming more boring than ever except that this year, the theme song was pretty bearable compared to previous years' and Sharon Au resurfaced again after so many years of disappearance.
  • CT2 started and my results were...........averagely good (to me)
  • The 2011 London riots was so creepy it scared the shit outta me
  • August 27: Presidential Election 2011
  • August 30: Dr Tan Cheng Bock lost to Dr Tony Tan but then again, rise of Yam Ah Mee was a breakthrough.
  • Tim Cook took over and became the CEO of Apple Inc.
September:
  • That one-week break wasn't productive at all because according to my diary, I haven't done a single shit even though it was already Saturday and I was left with one more day before school starts for Term 4.
  • Every day speaks a whole new world and it was horrible having to face and deal with different circumstances that I could probably collapse into.
  • September 26: neutral feelings for Bio SPA (that being said, I think Bio is the only subject worth dropping hahahaha that sounded like a propaganda shit)
  • I don't get how Sebastian Vettel top almost all F1 races this year and Hamilton got kicked to the very back wtf
  • PREMIERE OF THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 3
October:
  • This part of my life is called misery. It took me a very long time to get over sad killing horrible things. So sad I almost wanted to roll down a hill. And this part of my life is not over yet (and I very much wish it would).
  • On October 5, one genius in the world died, that is, Steve Jobs.
  • Start of EOYs (this was what made me twinge in sadness btw)
  • On the morning of October 6, Vianne came to school, looked thru her timeline and fricken broke the news of the death of Jobs and I was like: "WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!!" and I had to sit for my Chinese paper later in the morning. This wasn't recorded in but I somehow remembered.
  • Hardcore studying and more studying lasted for around 2 weeks and I almost died.
  • Massive flood hits Bangkok (not over yet oh my holy cow)
November:
  • SCHOOL. IS. OVER. But next year will be..........so predictable.
  • November 10: 'O' Level Mother Tongue Written Paper (something I really haven't been looking forward to)
Ok that should be the major things that happened and will happen (applies to only the last bullet point) this year. Honestly, while typing this entry, I was referring to my diary like 3/4 of the time.

One thing I absolutely hate about this holiday is that I can't freaking slack. Study mode is turned on 24/7 because a) my written paper is less than a week away (in fact it's in 3 days' time) and b) I have to re-sit for my AM and Physics (and Bio that is still in the midst of consideration drop or not, I still can't make up my mind but one thing for sure is that I will never, in my entire living life, do any bio-related because I just don't like (hate is too strong) Biology. So sometimes I'd question myself, why did I even opt to study it but all is too late to regret.) papers in December.

When it comes to academics, my school really is doomed for it. Firstly, my school (I think schools nationwide are prolly the same) cares so much for our studies, so much that on Healthy Breakfast day, they gave us a slice of honeydew (and sandwich and cupcake) and claimed that THAT was healthy. OK that is in someway ~healthy~ but they said it was those healthy-healthy kind. Anyway, when it comes to academics, they throw us with millions billions trillions zillions of papers and said those are good for us. Seriously, comparing our workload to our healthy-breakfast-load, the latter is not even 1/10 of the former.

Secondly, my school just suck at scheduling exam dates. They could put killer papers TOGETHER. I know that's what happens in the actual 'O' Level but at least, the people who planned the 'O' Level schedule have brains and wouldn't put EM P2 and Physics P2 to-get-her. Either my school is screwed or they are just not exam-smart. In any case, my school is still doomed. They came up with this new policy that students found not being able to cope with the subjects they're taking will be made to DROP that subject. Like they literally are forcing students to forsake their studies. And it was greatly emphasized that studies can path a good future for YOU. That is exactly the reason why we (actually only people who failed EOYs and who studied Sec 3 this year) have to re-sit for our papers. And it's obvious enough that if we fail our re-sits, we will be forced to drop that subject. Stupid policy. REALLY. Our future is no longer held in our hands but the school's. Oh, the irony.

Another thing is, Sec 2 (the 2011 cohort) students who are in bands 3 and 4 can ONLY take Combined Science (unless they appeal which is like....the school hardly cares about appeals to begin with). IS RIVERSIDE LIKE DOOMING OUR FUTURE FOR US!? I mean last year those in band 4 could take up Triple Science and now only students in bands 1 and 2 have the choice to opt for triple or double science? Funny how my school is progressing.

As much as I would like this holiday to be forever, I hope 2012 will be a good year but apparently no. That one thing in 2012 (not December 21) is already being a moron x