Tuesday, January 3, 2012

#14: is this all

So that was my first day of my last year in Riverside and apart from reuniting with all my 4/6 lovelies and catching a movie with the girls, the rest of the day was shit.

Let's start with morning. I didn't hit the snooze alarm as many times as I had predicted so just as I thought that THAT would set the day off well, I realized I was late for duty. I was supposed to be in school by 7am but I stepped out of the lift only at 7am SHARP.

I really think people around me should get used to me being late but that's one side of me that I hate too.

Anyway I managed to make it to school by 7.05am AND MY LEGS WERE ALMOST BREAKING like I overused the muscles or something. Then I started roaming about the school with a floor plan/layout of classrooms in my hand and let me just say this first: my duty was to guide the new kids to where their classes are but all of them looked like they were just taken out of prison or were kept in a very dark and secluded and deserted place that THEY DID NOT EVEN LOOK LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN.

Like seriously, their facial expressions were really of extreme cases:
Type A: "HELLO EVERYBODY I SHALL NOW DOMINATE THE SCHOOL WITH MY PRESENCE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT."
Type B: "Um...uh...wher- oh no I'm s- AAAAAHHHHHH!"
Type C: "I think I look cool with my shirt buttoned all the way up and my socks pulled to just below my knee."

OK maybe I was exaggerating a little but some of them really looked like they belong to either of the types.

Then from 8am to 9.30am we just had boring talks from all the KP and I realized the VP particularly likes to walk along the Sec 4 classes. I mean shouldn't he be attending to the Sec 1 classes instead since the newbies being newbies are so fresh and have a trillion questions in their puny brain that's about to explode if they don't bombard anyone with it? I found it so hard to even turn around and talk to Jing. And the girl sitting beside me was a total disgust. TOTAL DISGUST.

Afterwards we went back to class and settled all the admin stuff and I am so glad to say after 2.5 years, I can finally rid the post of being a Class Chairperson. Not that I found being a Chairperson a burden but I'm quite ~sick~ of being one for another year so I found myself a new post which, to my friends, was a significant drop in grade, and that's being a Health Ambassador.

I don't even know why I volunteered myself to be that but I guess I just have to enjoy the life of eating healthily from now on.

After school, we (Tan Lim Jing) went to watch The Darkest Hour and it was really a faaaaaantastic show. Emile Hirsch is so hot and Max Minghella omgosh where in the world did they find such a cute guy *-*

Oh and from the way I see the Year Planner which was printed in our handbooks, 2012 seems to be a really boring year for us. And people around me just can't stop emphasizing that it's the 'O' Level year. Seriously, I still have a good 9+ months (WHICH IS THE PERIOD OF A PREGNANCY OK) before I officially start freaking out.

So right now, I will just start counting down to Graduation Day which is exactly 9 months and 7 days away.