Monday, July 20, 2015

#51: made

There are only 50 posts written in the name of this blog within the past 4 years which, if you average it out, is about 12.5 entries per year which, if you average it out again, is about 1.0416667 entries per month which is pretty satisfactory.

Because no one probably searches this blog up anymore, I think I can write as freely as I want. It's not like I have anything to hide but I just don't need (unnecessary) people to read the content and go all shit.

Just about recently, I looked through my cupboard and realized throughout my secondary school years, I've received numerous cards/letters/scrapbooks from so many people whom I cross-pathed with and it dawned on me that they all had that one common phrase:
I will never forget you, so don't you ever forget about me.
And occasionally some might add a love you at the end and it just occurred to me that all of those sounded so fake now that you read them when you're a little older. No one actually meant their love neither their remembrance of you. They just wrote it because letters to friends were structured that way. Back then, it was so exciting to receive and read messages from people around you and you didn't have to doubt whether their sincerity was real or not because in that moment everything seemed real enough.

But when you read letters dated 2012 and before in 2015 you'll come to see how pretentious and bogus the words are and probably laugh at how much of a fool you were to believe them.

I don't think it's me and my skepticism but somehow I just saw so many different meanings when I flipped through the scrapbooks and read the letters. Only some retained it's authenticity. Which is weird because it boggles me how can some remain as genuine as it was while others just.........faded into nothingness. It's like there's an invisible expiration for the realness of the messages.

After thinking so much I've also come to realize that those who said best friends forever or you're truly one of my most trusted friends or you're like a sister to me or just something along the lines that struck you never really became your forever friends.

Everything and everyone is ephemeral.

Only people who don't express their eternal desire for you will love you for ever and always be there whenever you need someone by your side.

This is not even supposed to be an emotional post but along the way I made it seem like I'm dying or something hahahahaha fret not sab I know you'll be reading this because you're one of the people who do not express their eternal desire for you because you'll just sit there silently supporting me and for that I'm very thankful but it still gets to me whenever I realize that I'll be going thru ub alone.

PS: please don't move to Australia otherwise I'll be missing one of my holding posts.

Till the next time.............when the next time comes.