Friday, August 14, 2015

#58: unspoken rules

Since I have almost nothing to do and still am recovering from a full meal I just had, I thought I should check in here to see if I might get motivated to wrap up on my Hong Kong Disneyland trip. And guess who feels like giving up as soon as she starts finishing the first sentence.

Hong Kong Disneyland Day 4: 

We only knocked out at around 2am the previous night because we were all busy packing our luggage and trying our best to stuff everything inside so we can not use the foldable bags which would have to be hand-carried.

All of us (including my nephew Ethan) managed to crawl out of bed an hour after our alarm set off and went for a moderately short swim (because Ethan had to play with water) and breakfast at Chef Mickey's Restaurant (or whatever the name of the diner was). And very surprisingly, they serve really good xiao long bao.

We checked out of the hotel only at 12pm and cabbed straight to the airport to check in all our bothersome bags before doing more last minute shopping (and spending more money). By the time we were done, it was already 3.15pm and our flight was 3.20pm and the damn boarding gate was ALL the way at the other end of the airport. But we somehow made it in time (like 3.2xpm-ish) and were even given the priority boarding queue (HA HA HA HA).

I'm guessing the pilot who flew us back was a newbie because you could tell from the way he piloted the plane. There were times the plane suddenly dropped in altitude/pressure and he made a super hard landing which hit our butts so bad and jammed brake the plane cos it was rolling too fast forward. Plus the air-con above my seat (and also the one in front and behind me I assume) was dripping water which eventually turned into ice so there was a mini hailstorm for 4 hours.

Stills of the last day:

001: Finally a group shot (missing my other cousin who went over to Macau).

002: I used to call him Prince Ethan until his other siblings came along.

003: It was such a joy spending 4D3N with this little one.

004: The famous Piano Pool at Hollywood Hotel.

005: And the famous Mickey waffle (which tasted meh). 

006: Mickey's Bronze Statue.

007: This was taken in the Noir filter but I don't know why when I import my photos from my phone to my Mac thru iPhoto all the filters just disappear. 

008: Mandatory snaps of planes and more planes.

009: The most blissful place to be.

010: I was savoring my ice-cream halfway when I realized I unknowingly shaped it into a ball.

011: Feelin' like an artist.

012: -

013: -

014: -

015: -

016: -

017: -

018: -

019: - 

020: -

021: -

022: -

023: That round white ball there is the moon. 

024: -

025: Singapore Changi Airport. 

026: And my Hong Kong Disneyland officially ends here.

If given a chance, I probably wouldn't want to go back because apart from very minor attractive areas, the rest was basically just a fantasy land you won't have lingering thoughts for.

SO..............................

My next destination: Tokyo Disneyland.

No idea when that might be but it's on my Traveler's List already.

I also want to travel to

  1. Osaka
  2. Hokkaido
  3. Fukuoka (to relive the moments I had 5 years ago)
  4. Seoul
  5. Bangkok
  6. Phuket
  7. Batam
  8. Melbourne 
  9. Perth (been there when I was 8 after I scored 90+ for all my subjects) (and that was the only time I had such stellar results)
  10. Gold Coast
  11. Sydney
  12. New Zealand
  13. Shanghai
  14. Beijing (to conquer the Great Wall of China and Forbidden Palace) 
  15. Tibet (no joke)
  16. Ulan Bator (no joke either)
  17. Inner Mongolia (I'm really not even kidding)
  18. Paris (Disneyland)
  19. Barcelona 
  20. London
  21. NYC
  22. LV
  23. LA
  24. basically the rest of the world
If only I was born into a royal family then all this traveling would be nothing but peanuts.