Monday, December 5, 2011

#5: screaming my name

IT'S DECEMBERRRRRRRR AND CHRISTMAS IS IN 21 DAYS HOLY SHIT WHAT MORE TO EXPECT BUT JOY ;)

On the very very very very extremely front note: I haven't been studying. I have said this so many times I feel like a broken record but I guess this is the best way to remind myself to study. That's not the WHOLE point because this (month) is my long-awaited and well-deserved (ok not exactly, considering the amount of not-even-close-to-1% hard work I'd put in for the past 11 months and the things I'd done that were not really that helpful.) break and honestly, I haven't been spending it well and productively. Talk about relaxation and comfort and everything else but not studies I still have to worry for the damn re-sits that I will be taking in about 2 weeks' time which is from my standpoint useless and so future-controlling. Seriously, screw the entire education system we have in Singapore. Or at least in MY school. Trust me, when it all comes down to that one word, my school (actually the Principal to be exact) freaks like as if an earthquake just struck. And that one powerful word—results—is the cause to all my sufferings.

Besides the crappy and really brain-damaging pains, I am still leading quite a normal life like a normal kid for every normal day. Except it's been raining for the past few days and I really love it when it rains. What more to do than lying in bed with the blanket covered over your body and having thousands of pillows surround you not forgetting all the stuffed animals AND THE TV AIRING YOUR FAVORITE SHOW on a cool 'n' chillin' day? Sadly this per-rain-fect plan did not come true.

Earlier this week (which was Monday) there was sectionals and it was damn unproductive. I think because the time planned was too early and I was still in my sleeping mode.

Then on Tuesday, I spent the day at home with my mom (she took a day off from work because my dad wasn't in Singapore. How COOL is that?) and we sort of spring-cleaned the entire house. Sometimes it's really nice to have my mom stay at home to do most of the chores. And halfway through I made a special trip down to school to pass ONE sponge to Qianying (and also to return the blazer I semi-borrowed) in an attire I'd say is the worst ever. My hair was in a huge mess (it was only a trip down to SCHOOL and which idiot would actually bother to tidy their hair and I wasn't expecting to see ANYONE I actually know of so I skipped the whole take-10 minutes-of-my-life-to-tidy-my-hair part) and my shirt was really crumpled. I simply pulled out the first shirt I reached for and I think my wardrobe did its own magic because the first shirt I took was kinda stuck in a pile of other shirts. Basically my closet IS in a mess. And I'm waiting for this day where my mom flares up and tidy that built-in hole for me. Till then I'll just survive with that mess that isn't really bothering me because half the time it's closed.

Then I plopped into my school shoes and walked to school and prayed for every living minute that it wouldn't rain. Not that I dislike the rain or anything but I absolutely do not wish to hand-wash AND dry a blazer that hasn't been to ANY laundry services in YEARS.

And the thing that I did not wish to happen happened. I SAW A GAZILLION OF FAMILIAR FACES IN SCHOOL I NEARLY BURIED MYSELF IN THE CONCRETE WALLS. But I still made a few rounds around school (by that I mean I even went into the General Office and climbed the stairs several times and this average-looking guy came to me and asked where's the dance studio I almost fainted because it was just right in front of him – kind of.)

On Wednesday, we (Gek, Neh and Jing) went to support Vn and Kua at their Singspiration concert @ SOTA. I can't say which school was the best because I'm not really a choir person but one thing for sure is the guest choir (shouldn't that mean "very outstanding"?) wasn't very good.

AND THE CONDUCTOR FOR ALL SCHOOLS ACTUALLY PROPOSED TO HIS GIRLFRIEND (NOW HIS FIANCÉE) OH MY GOD THAT SCENE WAS TOTALLY WHAT THE HELL WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD A MAN DO SUCH A DAMN MEMORABLY SWEET AND LOVELY AND ROMANTIC THING HOLY MACARONI

Then we had a free ride back to Woodlands.

On Thursday morning, I was abruptly awoken by Vn's text asking me what ingredients to buy for egg sandwiches. I swear I felt like killing myself in my sleep because I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING BUT I REALLY HAVEN'T MADE AN EGG SANDWICH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

At first when she asked what to buy, I thought she was referring to MY BREAKFAST so I replied: "Big Breakfast???" then she gave me a "fuuuuuuu" AND I WAS LIKE WHAT?! Then I got the whole story. She was asking me whether do they have to buy the ingredients for the sandwich or not so I said yes because me not making any egg sandwiches before definitely means I do not have any sandwich-making ingredients.

THEN HER NEXT TEXT MADE ME REALIZE ACTUALLY ALL ALONG I HAD BEEN SLEEPING. THIS WAS HER REAL QUESTION:
WHAT DO WE NEED FOR AN EGG SANDWICH

As much as I'd love to think on her behalf, it was way too early to even get out of bed so I told her to google it and I think she really did. Maybe not because there were 4 others grocering with her.

So after spending about 1 hour looking for ingredients, they came over to my house and I swear half of what they bought was not any sandwich-making food. Most were junk food that we didn't finish so they ended up bringing the leftovers to Waterfront and had a picnic there.

This was their initial plan btw: making egg sandwiches at my place for their picnic at Waterfront.

Then we started making the sandwich with Queen of Lateness aka Jing still sleeping like an ass at home. Did I mention Vn even bought a FULL-SIZED WATERMELON?! So me and Gek took the chopper and chopped it into smaller pieces. We (Rhy, Neh, and Gek) had so much fun making the sandwiches that WHILE making we were eating so the end product was just a few pieces of bread.

PS: in any case you're wondering where the hell Vn went to, she was WAITING in the living room. And WAITING actually meant us serving her.

At 1pm Jing came over and Gek and Rhy started doing their nails and everyone else just watched them. After that, Rhy went to cook her cheese tofu (actually all she did was put them on the pan and wait for it to turn hot, that's all.) which we realized AFTER buying that it contained fish which means Gek couldn't eat them. Then they played Monopoly Deal and heated up the prata and after that they (Gek, Jing, Rhy, and Vn) took my camera and camwhored like crazy bitches.

PPS: Chong ditched us for something else we don't really know.

Because my mom was coming home so I packed everything for THEM and they left for Waterfront.

All in all, their "picnic @ Waterfront" plan didn't really work out but them almost wreaking havoc at my place could really make up for it.

Friday was a much simpler day because I just camped at home watching The Vampire Diaries Season 2 over and over again. The entire TVD crew is just brilliant.

Ok that's my week excluding Saturday which was just a dinner at Fairmont Singapore.